Saturday, May 3, 2008

LEBALIAN!


Today on the radio, hamish and andy were discussing the mistreatment towards the middle eastern people. Personally, I get really upset with this topic because I am half lebanese/half italian.
A middle eastern security guard called up the radio today and told the hosts that he was told by his manager to not let anyone who looked of middle eastern appearance into the clubs.
Once I heard this my mouth dropped!
I'm half lebanese... I can easily pass as middle eastern appearance...
I have cousins that wouldn't hurt a fly. Cousins that are australians. Cousins that are intellegent, go to uni and live a normal, a sensible life! But, they aren't allowed in the club because..... THEY LOOK MIDDLE EASTERN.
What has the world become? Where we judge a book by its cover... Label races as inferior... A menace to society...
Is it their hair cuts? Clothing? Dark Skin? Voice?
Or is it the fact that they are all considered as "terrorists".

An article i read recently labelled Middle Eastern people as: “Lebos. Wogs. Ninjas. Towel heads. Wogs Terrorists. Osama bin Laden. Stupid Arab. Abos. Bimbo Lebs, Greasy Lebs. Camel-spit. Lebanese Shit. Lebanese are lesbians. Yous are scums, yous are all rats. Go back to your own country.”

What has the world become? It seems that religion is ruling our opinion on people. Stereotyping has become a way of life. Where people are not allowed to enter a club because they look Middle Eastern... translation Muslim.... translation... terrorists??

I am half Middle Eastern - Lebanese. I am for one not a trouble maker. Grew up in a good family, taught manners, right and wrong. So what does that make me????

I am LEBALIAN and proud :)

LEBALIAN = HALF ITALIAN/ HALF LEBANESE ;) hahaha

No comments: