Friday, May 2, 2008

You Can Choose Your Friends.... BUT Do They Choose You?


Here is a picture of some of my close friends and I in byron... I treasure them with my life!

I'm sure everyone has heard of the saying.... You can choose your friends, but you cant choose your family....
What if you have decided you really really like some1 but they just dont like you back.
If you really really want to be their close friend but they dont want to even be ur acquaintance.

Last week or so, a similar situation occurred with me.. Unfortunately, it was not as simple.
If you love overhearing gossip then this will be your blog of the year.

Sometimes you can’t help but repeat what people tell you in confidence. They end up broadcasting your opinion to anyone that seems interested... wouldnt be surprised if it was to the homeless person on george st!

Does it really need to be repeated if you don't like their new hair colour? Or you prefer their natural beauty?

Well......
What if your words are TOTALLY twisted, leaving you as the "baddy" who BITCHES!

Personally, for all you people who dont know me well.... Yes I have my odd occassion of bitching (what girls don't) BUT ever since i've left highschool... I've left most of my "bitchiness" there.

So, recently I had been trying to reunite with two of my old close friends who i lost contact with after high school.

I emailed
Messaged
MSN-ed
Emailed again....
MSN-ed again.....
But NOTHING!
Until........................... I got a MSN message saying something along the lines:
"Listen, I don't want to be your friend, stop emailing me and stop bitching about me"
I was SHOCKED! I had said nothing of the sort about her or my other old friend.. If anything i had been saying how i missed them etc etc. It's funny though, I know who told them... Who twisted every little word to make me look like the bad person. But it's OK... They couldn't help it.... They obviously have a sick problem and need to fix on any victim! It's OK... cause i know the truth.....

It's upsetting thou. You want to trust ppl. To see only the good in ppl. No bad intentions. You finish school, mature, surrounding yourself with nice friends you can trust, but somewhere along the way, you will always meet people who will bring you down.

It makes you hate the human race. Do they do it out of jealousy? Bordem? Sickeness? Bitchiness?

I'm not going to confront the person. No point. They won't change. And now i know not to trust them....
Next time, if i choose a friend i know....... make sure they choose me back. :)

No comments: